'...an immeasurable service to both Muslims and members of other faith communities...I would highly recommend this volume to anyone interested in knowing about Islam as the vast majority of Muslims have historically understood and lived it.' - Imam Zaid Shakir, Co-founder, Zaytuna College.
This book was written to help Muslims live and practice their faith - to learn what Muslims believe, how we pray and fast, and how to live life in a manner pleasing to our Lord. It highlights both our spiritual struggles and aspirations; how we can, on a daily basis, develop a healthy relationship with God, through both devotions and in ordinary life.
This book is not meant to expound on abstract theoretical aspects of Islam, but to give readers practical and useful knowledge that can help them understand what it means to be Muslim.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Starting Point
- Chapter 2: Belief
- Chapter 3: Worship
- Chapter 4: Spiritual Refinement
- Chapter 5: The Prophet Muhammad ﷺ
- Chapter 6: The Quran
- Chapter 7: Islamic Holy Days
- Chapter 8: Lifestyle
- Appendix I: Selections from the Quran
- Appendix II: Recommended Readings
- Appendix III: Glossary of Commonly Used Terms